By David Schultenover,Stephen Schloesser
• To commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the second one Vatican Council
• to aid readers extra totally savour its value not just for the Catholic Church itself but additionally for the whole international whom the Church encounters in proclamation and reception of ongoing revelation
• of their current shape, to assist readers around the globe have interaction either the conciliar files themselves and scholarly reflections on them, all with a purpose to appropriating the reform anticipated through Pope John XXIII.
participants: Stephen B. Bevans, SVD; Mary C. Boys, SNJM; Maryanne Confoy, RSC; Massimo Faggioli; Anne Hunt; Natalia Imperatori-Lee; Edward Kessler; Gerald O’Collins, SJ; John W. O’Malley, SJ; Agbonkhianmeghe E. Orobator, SJ; Ladislas Orsy, SJ; Peter C. Phan; Gilles Routhier; Ormond Rush; Stephen Schloesser, SJ; Francis A. Sullivan, SJ; O. Ernesto Valiente; Jared Wicks, SJ
Read Online or Download 50 Years On: Probing the Riches of Vatican II PDF
Best catholicism books
Complicated paradox surrounds the Bible. a few glance to it because the definition of truth and deny technology; others see technology by myself because the arbiter of fact and deny the Bible. either extremes are basically signs of a nonetheless wider debate at the position of old non secular knowledge in a science-dominated global. Following the Reformation and Enlightenment, the Western international received nice energy yet misplaced its religious bearings.
Pope John Paul II's in basic terms encyclical on our Blessed mom, with advent via the Cardinal Prefect of the congregation for the Doctrine of the religion, Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, and remark through one of many world's top Catholic theologians, Hans Urs von Balthasar. The Church's splendid magisterium and consultant of the Church's so much penetrating theological mirrored image mix to supply for the entire trustworthy a wealthy and concise compendium of the mummy of the Redeemer.
A French convert to Catholicism in 1939, Louis Bouyer is a well known theologian who was once an influential presence at Vatican II. His vintage paintings, advent to the non secular Life—first released in English in 1961 and now introduced again into print—provides readers with an inspiring and complete imaginative and prescient of Christian spirituality that's unrivaled in its heat, lucidity, and accessibility.
Il est toujours risqué pour un homme, évêque de surcroît, d'écrire sur Marie, un peu moins sur l'Eglise, beaucoup plus sur los angeles femme. Sur ces sujets, l. a. sympathie bienveillante pour los angeles longue culture de l. a. foi a fait souvent position à un soupçon corrosif. Et pourtant, entre Marie et l'Eglise règne une connivence intime à laquelle los angeles grâce de l. a. femme n'est pas étrangère.
- Bread of God: Nurturing a Eucharistic Imagination
- Unleashing the Power of Scripture: A Guide for Catholics
- The Discernment of Spirits: An Ignatian Guide for Everyday Living
- The Icon of the Divine Heart of God the Father: Apologia and Canon
Additional info for 50 Years On: Probing the Riches of Vatican II
50 Years On: Probing the Riches of Vatican II by David Schultenover,Stephen Schloesser