By Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth
This highly-anticipated quantity has been broadly revised to mirror adjustments in expertise, electronic humanities equipment and practices, and institutional tradition surrounding the valuation and booklet of electronic scholarship.
- A absolutely revised version of a celebrated reference paintings, supplying the main finished and up to date choice of study at present to be had during this speedily evolving discipline
- Includes new articles addressing topical and provocative matters and ideas comparable to unfashionable computing, laptop fabrication, gender dynamics, and globalization
- Brings jointly an international crew of authors who're pioneers of cutting edge examine within the electronic humanities
- Accessibly based into 5 sections exploring infrastructures, production, research, dissemination, and the way forward for electronic humanities
- Surveys the earlier, current, and way forward for the sphere, providing crucial examine for an individual drawn to higher realizing the speculation, equipment, and alertness of the electronic humanities
Read Online or Download A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
In Split-Gut track, Karen Jackson Ford seems at what it potential to be African American, loose, and inventive by means of examining Jean Toomer's major physique of labor, in particular, his groundbreaking construction Cane. whilst first released in 1923, this pivotal paintings of modernism used to be extensively hailed as inaugurating a really creative African American literary culture.
The historical past of the unconventional is additionally a background of moving perspectives of the worth of novel studying. This research investigates how novels themselves perform this improvement by means of that includes examining as a multidimensional cultural perform. English novels approximately obsessive analyzing, written in occasions of medial transition, function attempt instances for a version that brings jointly analyses of shape and content material.
From one in all modern day so much exotic critics, a superbly written exploration of 1 of the 20th century's most vital literary criticsAre literary critics writers? As Michael wooden says, "Not all critics are writers—perhaps so much of them are not—and a few of them are higher after they do not you have to be.
This ebook investigates sisterhood as a converging thread that wove woman subjectivities and intersubjectivities right into a greater narrative of chinese language modernity embedded in a newly conceived international context. It specializes in the interval among the past due Qing reform period round the flip of the 20 th century and the outbreak of the second one Sino-Japanese struggle in 1937, which observed the emergence of recent methods of depicting chinese language womanhood in several types of media.
- Science Fiction and the Mass Cultural Genre System
- Witnessing beyond the Human: Addressing the Alterity of the Other in Post-coup Chile and Argentina (SUNY series, Literature . . . in Theory)
- The Unbridled Tongue: Babble and Gossip in Renaissance France
- Lucidity: Essays in Honour of Alison Finch (Legenda)
Extra info for A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth